Search This Blog

Jul 10, 2012

How to fix Facebook Opengraph 2.0 extension in Magento

If you installed the Facebook Opengraph 2.0 in Magento Community 1.5 version you’ll definitely experiencing a frustrated issue. You can also read some user reviews in the extension page. Most of them are having problems about installation and most of them installed it Magento CE 1.5 version.

Since, I need this extension badly, I examined their codes and as well as the table that it should created upon installing it. I noticed that the extension is not creating the table they stated in config.xml. In that case, the extension will not definitely work. But I can say that the code is well structured but I think it is not fully tested  in 1.5 version.

Quick Solution:

So what can you do to make the extension work is to create manually the table on your magento database after installing the extension.

Here is the SQL query:
CREATE TABLE `social_facebook_actions` (
      `entity_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'Entity Id',
      `facebook_id` varchar(100) NOT NULL COMMENT 'Facebook User Id',
      `facebook_name` varchar(100) NOT NULL COMMENT 'Facebook User Name',
      `facebook_action` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL COMMENT 'User Action',
      `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL COMMENT 'Product Id',
      PRIMARY KEY (`entity_id`)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='Social Facebook Actions';

I know that it is not the right way to solve this but I think this is the fastest way to make the extension work. After that you need to follow their guide in setting up a facebook app.

That's it. You can now test those opengraph buttons. :)

I'm happy to help so let me know if you have questions. 

0 comments: