Search This Blog

Aug 12, 2012

Magento: Fix IE9 issue on Payment Method

We're distress from customer complaints regarding on how one of our site functioning in IE9 browser. I thought it was a relief when Microsoft released the IE9 browser; finally, they were able adhere their promised to implement the W3C standards. Unfortunately, there are some still issues that they need to fix.

One of the major issues that we’ve seen is in relation with Magento Platform. In you have only one payment method enabled in magento, your customer can't checkout because IE9 browser disable the payment method. Please see this screenshot.


There are two quick solutions that you probably need to do in order to fix this issue until Microsoft or Magento have permanent solution about it. First solution

Add a meta tag to your page header or in your header.phtml file.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

This meta tag will force the IE9 browser to load your content same with IE8 version. In that way, the payment method will not be disabled in default.

Second Solution The second solution is the same with the first provided you will be adding the code in .htaccess file.

BrowserMatch MSIE best-standards-support
Header set X-UA-Compatible IE=8 env=best-standards-support

With this solution, you can simply remove this code when the issue is fixed permanently.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm not really aware of it until I read your post. Wondering if it is happening in our store too. I will look into this and I'll let you know if I got the same problem.

The Resource Hub said...

Thanks a lot for sharing such a wonderful information with us. I am doing wordpress website development..So here this is fixed in the wordpress. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any
problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My blog has a lot of completely unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
Here is my website :: how to delete cookies from computer

edzn said...

this absolutely worked for me, dam u IE