Search This Blog

May 13, 2011

Unable to Find Socket Transport SSL

I decided to move my blogspot blog to wordpress platform this day. But before doing so, I need to do a minor revision and configuration to avoid penalty from search engine when migration happens. The best environment to apply the changes is in local so I follow the standard import procedure of Wordpress. I set up Wordpress blog, installed it with import plugin and so on. I’m in the moment of excitement to see the success of importation until an error occured. "unable to find socket transport url". :( !!!. It seems that Google coudn't connect to my local environment with a non-secure connection.


So I look for a solution in the internet and I found this one.

The open_ssl extension in your wamp server is not enabled. In that case the Blogger will not allow you to access your account in not secured connection.
Here are steps to enable the open_ssl extension in your Wamp Server (IDK may be it is also apply in xampp).

1. First, you need to stop your wamp server.
2. Open your WAMP directory (it is usually installed in drive C: drive). Go to, C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6 and copy libeay32.dll.
3. Now Go to your Apache Folder, C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.8\bin then paste the copied dll file.
4. After that, uncomment the ;extension=php_openssl.dll by altering the semi-colon.
5. Restart your wampserver and try importing again your blog.

2 comments:

Bill said...

 It solved my problem.. thank you..


- Bill

Janzell Jurilla said...

You're welcome, thanks for dropping by Bill.